Importance of having accurate 3d models for interior elements like furniture, lighting, hardware and accessories

How critical / important is to use accurate and to-the-spec 3d models of products (not building components) while designing an architectural projects? How its different in various and each design phases?

1 Like

If it is clash detection related quite important. If not, then only if 3D rendering from the BIM model is a contract deliverable will it be that important.

Having new tools like Enscape that facilitate rendering walkthrough and lower the effort and time goes into creating a visualization, do you foresee a need for better quality BIM models for better and more frequent presentations and communication among stakeholders?

1 Like

Yes I believe 3D BIM modelling will overtake 2D documentation as a deliverable eventually.

Have you seen any effort or examples to back this?

1 Like

Most companies I am in discussion with tend to be focusing more heavily on 3D modelling, digital twins etc. over outputting simple 2D drawings for clients. The work of TfNSW BIM framework and the work of Willow Architecture come to mind as good examples I’ve seen recently.

Thanks for these. Will look into them soon. Very interesting …

1 Like